A very deep study of behavioral models indicates that alcohol and drugs intensify the already existing feelings. In most cases, it weakens the resistance to negative emotions. Feelings of depression and fear are more under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
You want to do all it takes to bring down your vulnerability of doing drugs. Anything you do everyday should make you feel competent and good at doing. If you learn to bring down being vulnerable to negative emotions, you will feel better in mental well being.
Anyone with a mental well-being is less likely to do drugs. A bit of emphasis placed on being mindful and mentally fit will bring down someone’s vulnerability to doing drugs, rehabilitating happy days back.
When you are doing drugs, you will not be able to:
- Attend to relationships
- Balance the priorities in the relationship
- Balance the should do stuff in a relationship
- Earn self respect
- You will maintain objective relationships that do not bring down your self-respect.
- Overcome the guilt of lack of skill
- Be without worrying thoughts
- Deal with interfering emotions effectively
- Overcome indecision
- Enjoy your environment
- Describe, express, assert, reinforce, stay mindful of your needs.
- Be gentle, act interested, validate and be easy mannered in a relationship.
- Be fair, be without asking for apology, adhere to values, and be truthful.
With alcohol and drugs, everything about being good becomes difficult. You are going to put an end to the best behavioral models. You will likely feel threatened and unsure of anything you do. Consider giving up drugs and alcohol.